Category Archives: Gaming News
The release date for Sony’s new handheld gaming device called PlayStation Vita is set for 02/22/12. Mark it on your calender if your a fan of handheld gaming. This thing seems to have it all! Below is a list of some of the features – be sure to check out the website here for all the details.
Front and back multitouch screens, motion sensors and Six Axis sensors
Chat on the fly in the midst of multiplayer action or while watching videos
Catch every detail with the PlayStation®Vita system’s stunning, multitouch 5-inch OLED display
Merge the real world and the game world with front and rear camera enabled augmented reality
Take on your friends — or the whole world with Wi-Fi or always-on 3G
Dual analog sticks
Feel the full-on intensity of First Person Shooters with Dual Analog Sticks
Enjoy continuous, uninterrupted gameplay between your PS3™ and PlayStation®Vita systems with compatible titles
“Wednesday October 5. That will be the day in which the Portal 2 Peer Review DLC will be released. The free mission pack will extend Atlas and Peabody’s co-op adventure and add a new challenge mode for single player and co-op maps.” Click here for the full article at PC Gamer
NOTE: I also have been hearing a lot of talk about the game actually being released now and is currently playable. I have not had time to test it yet so I can’t confirm.
If you are a fan of racing games you should check out the Forza Motorsport 4 Demo now available on Xbox Live. I played a a little bit of the 3rd installment and enjoyed it. It reminds me a lot of Grand Tourismo but doesn’t seem to take itself quite as seriously. Heres a link to the Xbox Live page http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/Product/Forza-Motorsport-4/66acd000-77fe-1000-9115-d8024d530910?nosplash=1&cid=majornelson.
Early this morning Dice posted some changes they are planning on making to the final Battlefield 3 game based on the beta issues. Here is the list:
A SELECTION OF CHANGES FROM OPEN BETA TO FINAL, PART 1
(Not a complete list – for up to date news, visit the News section in Battlelog)
* Fixed occasional client crash when reviving.
* Fixed killcam showing glitched area under map if your killer is dead.
* Issue with spawning on dead squad mates fixed.
* Fixed a bug where shooting at a moving enemy could cause more than the intended amount of damage.
* Crosshairs for shotguns have been replaced with a new, thinner, art.
* A subtle low health screen effect has been added.
* Tweaked scores of Medals and Service Stars.
* Tweaked the Rank progression.
* Pushing prone on console will not play the animation twice.
* Fixed loss of Squad Leader after EOR at some times.
* Framerate stability fixes.
* The 3D spotting icons has been tweaked to better match the target’s visibility. Icons will show frequently less on mostly obscured targets.
* Fixed issue with crosshair disappearing after round transition.
* Fixed issue with crosshair disappearing after trying to deploy while the countdown timer still active.
* Squad list now shows specializations chosen, VOIP activity and dead squad mates.
* Non working options in squad menu fixed: “Private” flag and “Switch Teams”.
Click here for a link to their blog for more details. I am disappointed I don’t see “Fixed being stuck in ground and having to commit suicide” anywhere!
Decided to make a gameplay commentary for the Battlefield 3 Beta. I have never recorded any time of commentary before but I like to watch other peoples commentaries and figured with Battlefield 3 and Diablo 3 on the way it may be fun to give it a shot. I may do one more in the beta and hopefully a lot more once the full game is released! If you give it a listen let me know what you think. Click the youtube button the top of this blog to visit my channel for more videos.
Here is part 2 of the Caspian Border Beta gameplay!
I managed to get into some EA Test servers this morning and record about 15 minutes of Caspian Border gameplay. It was a hell of a lot more fun than Operation Metro and a lot more of what I was expecting out of Battlefield 3! I can’t wait to get this game. Keep a look out for Part 2 soon, which has a bit more action then this video.
EDIT: I also wanted to note the part when I was the tank gunner and the tank is glitching out everywhere is due to the fact that the server was having major issues, not the game itself. I joined a different server shortly after that and that laggy/sluggish crap was non-existent!
I finally got to try out the new Battlefield game last night! The game is currently in early Beta mode and will go into normal beta tomorrow. At this time the only map we can play is Operation Metro but it’s split into a few fairly large portions which can make for some interesting fire fights. I am disappointed there are no vehicles in the beta however, seems a little stupid, but at least we get to play it I guess. The video is about 8 and half minutes long and consists of me mainly getting my ass handed to me, haha. Check the video out anyway if you want to see some more BF3 action.